11/12/11

Gotta Love Her

Well how ya doin' folks, where the hell y'all been lately? Oh wait, that's me who's been gone. Figure I owe everybody an explanation as to my recent dereliction of humor duty. It just took a while to decide on what to tell ya. Reckon it's best to just tell the truth, so here's the deal.

I don't like complaining unless it's for kiddin' around purposes. Don't have much to complain about anyway. Usually I'm the most happy go lucky feller I know, always have been. Things aint the way they used to be. You see, Her aint been the same since the brain aneurism. Everything on the blog about her being fine is just another one of my embellishments. Her short term memory is non existent, she asks the same questions 10 times a day. She cries a lot because ironically, she is fully aware that she can't remember anything. They don't know if it's a permanent situation or not, matter of fact, they don't seem to know much about aneurisms at all. Some folks recover completely, some don't.

Tried to get her to go back home, but she likes the doctors here better and since her medical plan seems to have no problem paying the bill, we aint leaving anytime soon. If ever. Her really likes Hawaii, she aint got no problem remembering it's cold in the winter back home. To her, hangin' out at the beach is the equivalent of going to heaven. She never did have kids and her folks are dead so she thinks living the rest of her life in warm Hawaii is a way better idea than camping in a trailer. I've explained it to her till I'm blue in the face, but she still refers to RVing as camping. This house I've been working on has an attached rental unit that we are more than welcome to live in permanently.

I don't really like Hawaii all that much. Oahu is the most crowded, traffic gridlocked, expensive place to live there is. Plus it's sunnier than hell all year long and ya know how I feel about that damn sun. Anyway, my retirement plan is diverting about 180 degrees from hers. I had envisioned mountains and deserts and driving all over America. I had her all talked into living the RV life before we quit working. She wasn't all that excited about it to begin with anyway, I had only got a 1 year commitment from her. Figured she'd come around once we got going, but now that plan aint looking too good. I had a feeling the RV dream wasn't too realistic after what's happened, I was just kind of in denial.

Hobo Road is meant for talkin' nonsense and having fun with that bumpy ride we call life. Never was too good at being serious about anything, until now anyway. I keep thinking things are gonna get back to normal and the silly writing will flow easily again. It just aint happening no matter how hard I try. Serious topics are way above my pay grade and I refuse to turn this blog into anything resembling seriousness.

Hope we aint come to the end of Hobo Road, but I don't know. For now, I'm gonna take a break from the bloggin world and see how it goes. Can't tell you how much I've appreciated y'all reading my blog and leaving all your nice comments. Really enjoyed em. Don't know a single one of you personally, but I consider every one of you my friend. Best wishes to all of you. Maybe one of these days, I'll see ya down the road.

Sincerely,
HoboJoe

16 comments:

  1. Joe, as Yogi Berra said 'when you come to a fork in the road...take it'. May the path that you follow be the one that's right for you and thanks for you slant on life. I've enjoyed your wit and witticism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Joe, made me sad to read this post but feel so blessed to have "known" you for a short period of time. With your attitude you will get through okay. Best wishes to you and Her and whatever your future holds. We'll be here if you ever want to drop into the blogging community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope everything works out for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hobo, let's get one thing straight...you do NOT have to entertain us every time you blog! You are really good at it, but just want you to know, just a bit every once in a while, would be great. I'm so very sorry about Her, but understand where you are now, too. And, GOOD FOR YOU!... my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate hearing the down and the dirty. Not that I'm glad it's happening to you in that down and dirty way, but glad you could be honest and not try to make us laugh always.

    I'm leaving you on my blogroll for a while so I can see when you reappear.

    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, i will for sure! expect updates, can't just leave us hanging, ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will be ready to help as we can or just sit back and enjoy a visit. Writing my blog has been my safety valve against the world stupidities. Stay with us, it does help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Joe, I feel so bad for both you and Her. Live and compromise can be so hard sometimes. But we are here and will be here if you decide you feel like posting. Sad, happy, joyous, miserable - whatever. That's all a part of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boy howdy...screwed that one up....

    I think you can see Joe, that no matter which way you turn, no matter what road you travel, there will be a friend waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joe, I am sorry to hear about this but thats what friends are for to let them know what is happening. Someone to be able to lean on when times are not right. I started to blog and travel after 2 deaths hit me, One from natural causes the other an ugle horrible no sense death. The travels ,my picture taking and my blog have kept me going.
    You will remain on my list also.
    Loved reading your sillyness but also was here to listen to the bad turn for Her. I think your just a great guy to be there for Her. Hang in there Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joe, if I admired before I do even more now. Not all men would stand by their woman the way you are standing by yours and that speaks volumes.

    Please don't give up on blogging, come by and make a post every once in a while to see how you are doing.

    I wish you and HER the best and remember you will always have your blogger friends at the touch of your computer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What more can I say that hasn't been said already?

    My friend, sometimes life gets in the way for all of us. Just want you to know that we are all here if you just feel the need to unload a little!

    If there is anything at all that you need or want...just let me know! I'll try and be here for you. That's what friends do, that's what we are for!

    Bless ya, brother!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So as it seems, for now you're not RVing because someone you love needs you and you have decided to put your dreams aside to be there for Her.

    That doesn't mean you wouldn't stop to speak a friend, so why does it mean you have to stop blogging. We're all friends, out here, we just haven't had the pleasure of meeting, yet.

    You'll still be on my blog list as well as many others, as you can see. There will come a day when I will only be able to dream of traveling--who knows when that day will be?

    Will you listen to me or talk to me when I reach out to you with memories? Will I have nothing interesting to say other than where I've been and what I've seen?

    I have a lot of friends I haven't met in person, yet, but I know them very well.

    Take care of business, Joe, but don't give up a big part of your life because you don't think you're a part of those of us who have the wanderlust. We're like a community.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry for this situation you both find yourselves in. I'll bet you'll make the best of it and have a good time together in Hawaii, maybe sometime in the future you'll get back to your dream of RVing. Take good care of her, you're a good man and she's lucky to have you. You'll still be on our blogrolls, so when you post, we're here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good day, Sir. Thank you for sharing your life with us. I came upon your blog a little late here. We all have to play the hand dealt to us. I am experiencing the same thing. I was all rigging up to go full time when my Dad lost his pension last month. Now, I gotta step in and fill that financial void. What would have gone towards my RV life on the road will now go towards supporting my parents for now. It's ok. Like you said... they took care of us, we will take care of them. I hope you and your dear wife are doing well and are in better health this Christmas season. Take care and be well.

    Rod

    ReplyDelete